Book Scholarship 2017
Shepherd Energy and Community Foundation’s $1,000 Book Scholarship 2017-2018 Application
Shepherd Energy and Community Foundation, Inc. (SECF) is a 501c3 non-profit public Maryland-based charity organization. SECF’s goal is to provide energy efficiency, weatherization and renewable energy services to our most underserved communities. We are truly honored to provide these services to our Maryland communities along with giving back to our Prince George’s County Scholars of tomorrow. It is our mission to continuously and unyieldingly Educate, Serve and Empower our Prince George’s County Community.
Scholarship recipients are recognized in the month of May 2017.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must be a Prince George’s County senior.
- Candidate must be in the 12th grade (accepted into college or pending).
- Candidate must have a minimum 3.0 GPA (other GPA’s will be considered based on the strength of applicant)
- Candidate should be involved in school activities, as well as non-school activities.
- Candidate should provide examples of community service.
- Candidate must be in good academic standing
- If selected, candidate must be able to attend a meet and greet with the SECF’s Team along with Administration and/or Teacher(s) (Parents are encouraged to attend)
Your application MUST include the following:
- Sealed copy of your high school transcript (Mandatory)
- Copy of most current report card (Mandatory)
- Two letters of reference (School Counselor, Teacher and/or Administrator)
- An essay that answers 1 of the following questions: (1) What are some of the ways global warming or energy inefficiency has affected your life and why? (2) How does energy inefficiency (renewable energy) affect the global economy and why?(Times Roman, 12 pt., double-spaced, 250 words or more
- Examples of your extra-curricular/service activities:
- High School
- Additionally, please attach copies of or list any awards, letters of commendation, news clips or other examples that support your application.
Mail to: Shepherd Energy and Community Foundation
4359 Northview Drive
Bowie, MD 20716
Deadline and Postmarked: April 28, 2017
For more information, please contact Jacqueline Roundtree (email@example.com ) at 301-464-1111.